Terminology is a browser for the English language – part dictionary/thesaurus and part research tool. Terminology is designed to make it easy to explore words and phrases, diving down to more and less specific terms - accessing the web and other apps for more detail and sharing.
"If you’re looking for the best dictionary app...then look no further than Terminology 3." – AppAdvice
"9/10...a Must-have Dictionary and Thesaurus App" – AppStorm
- Full offline U.S. English dictionary and word reference with simple clear definitions.
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and deeper word relations such as: more and less specific words, part, part of, members, member of, pertains to and more. Learn more about the dictionary.
- Launches directly to search.
- Star favorite terms for quick access.
- Term browsing history.
- iCloud sync. Keep favorites, history and actions in sync between multiple devices.
- Custom "Actions" to browse your current term on websites and/or lookup terms in other apps which support integration via URL schemes. Create your own or visit our Action Directory for single tap installable actions for many sites (http://drafts3-actions.agiletortoise.com/). Advanced actions can export terms, links, definitions to other apps and more. Learn more about actions.
- Wildcard (?,*) searching
- Spelling suggestions.
- Export/Share definitions, favorites and history lists.
- Dropbox integration to keep favorites and word histories backed up.
- Lookup and select replacement words from Drafts, Phraseology, Instapaper, Mr. Reader, Writeup, Writing Kit and a growing list of other apps.
- Customizable fonts and font size.
- Extensive support for URL scheme integration via x-callback-url. Details on the developer page.