Drafts: Evernote Actions
Drafts has pre-configured actions to “Save to Evernote”, but if these actions do not fit with your workflow, you can also make your own actions to create, append or prepend to notes in your Evernote notebooks using “Evernote Actions”.
To add an Evernote Action, open Settings, then tap “Evernote Actions”. Then configure these values:
- Name: The label that will appear in the action list.
- Title: The title for the note. This defaults to [[time]] which will generate a timestamp. Any tags are supported, so you can create dynamic names – or you can just type a name, which is handy with prepend/append notes.
- Notebook: The name of the notebook to use. Leave blank for your default Evernote notebook. If you enter a notebook name, it must already exist in Evernote – Drafts will not attempt to create new notebooks.
- Write: One of three possible output strategies:
- Create: Write to a new file each time the action is used.
- Append: Add to the end of a file.
- Prepend: Add to beginning of a file.
- Send as Markdown HTML: If “ON”, the template output will be run through the Markdown engine and converted to HTML before sending to Evernote.
- Template: The template can be used to wrap the draft with some additional text when the action is used. Several tags are supported to add timestamps, but any other text – such as separator lines – can be added as well. Read more about supported template tags.