Terminology 4.0 is now available on the App Store as a free download. Optional Pro unlock is available in the app to enable dark mode, custom action edited, and remove ads.
What is Terminology?
Terminology is a browser for the English language with three key elements:
- Dictionary: A full offline root word dictionary and semantic reference with concise definitions for common words and phrases.
- Thesaurus: Word relations, including synonyms and antonyms, but also deep word relations including more and less specific, memberships, similar terms. The perfect tool for find just the right word.
- Reference Tool: Extensible with URL-based actions, Terminology can quickly lookup terms on related web resources and other apps - making it a great place to start all searches.
Terminology has been one of the most popular reference apps in the App Store since its launch in July 2010. It has been regularly featured by Apple, topped the charts, and been a Starbucks Pick of the Week. This new version is a rewrite of the popular app, bringing to up to date with the latest iOS technologies.
- Free download. Pro unlock removes ads and enabled custom action editing and dark mode. This is a complete new update and unlock requires new purchase.
- Universal iPhone and iPad app.
- Share and Today extensions make Terminology easily available from anywhere.
- Great support for modern iOS technologies like Spotlight, iPad Multitasking, Handoff, 3D Touch and more.
- For all the details, visit the product page
- A Press Kit is available as well.
Long time Terminology user, or just interested in how we got to now? Read about the background of the app and this update on my personal blog.
When upgrading from previous versions of Terminology, favorites, term history and actions will be migrated into the new version’s sync system.
Pro unlock of the full version of Terminology 4 requires a new purchase. This decision was not easy, but it is simply not possible to fund ongoing development of software without additional revenue over time, especially at the low price points in the App Store.
Terminology for OS X Dictionary
For those who missed it, we released a free version of Terminology for the OS X Dictionary app.
Keeping up with Terminology
Review and ratings are always appreciated! Feedback and issues to firstname.lastname@example.org. To keep up with tips and news, follow @terminologyapp on Twitter and Facebook. We always appreciate you taking the time to review or rate Terminology on the App Store!