Drafts 4.2.1 is now available on the App Store.
The Big Stuff
- New: “Run Action” keyboard key type. You can now create keys on the enhanced keyboard row which fire actions from the action list. Run Action keys are added the same way as any other keys, and are configured with the name of an action to run.
- New: Extended keyboard keys can now be marked as hidden and will not be shown in the keyboard row (Why? See next new item).
- New: Extended keyboard keys can now have keyboard shortcuts for use with external Bluetooth keyboards. These can be any combination of Shift-Control-Option-Command and a key and will trigger the key’s function. Keys that are marked hidden can still have their keyboard shortcut available.
The Using the Extended Keyboard screencast has been updated to cover Run Action keys and keyboard shortcuts and is a worthwhile introduction to editing the keyboard in general:
- Change: Significant VoiceOver improvements for working with drafts and action lists on the iPhone and iPad, and also for the Apple Watch app. These now rely on custom actions, not funky adjustable traits. Feedback is welcome.
- New: New “Groups” button to more easily edit group assignments for actions. Appears next to “duplicate” button if you swipe to right on action in list. Jumps directly to group assignments without the need for tapping through the edit screens.
- New: “draft.processTemplate(template)” function in script action steps. This allows you to evaluate a drafts template (including all tags, fenced TextExpander snippets, etc.) just as it would be in a normal action step. Example: draft.processTemplate(“[[date]] - [[title]]”);
- Change: Improved action step descriptions in an actions list of steps for many types of steps. So, in the list of action steps when editing an action, a Dropbox step will now say “append, Path: /, File: test.txt”, as an example.
- Fix: Some actions which used popovers (like Share on iPad) called from external URL could be unreliable.
- Change: Remove emoji option from Watch app capture to get directly to dictation.
- Change: Adjust size of iPad popover for selecting action step types when adding to an action.
- Fix: In “Social” syntax highlighting incorrect underlines could appear.
- Change: Remove “Inbox zero” message from Today widget, just compact the widget height if it’s empty.
- Change: Flip directions of tab swipes at bottom of drafts/actions lists.
- Fix: Set accessed time when importing drafts captured from Share extension.
- Fix: Possible crash generating inbox summary with certain data sets.
- Change: Improve background handling for Watch app.
Keep Up with Drafts!
Review and ratings are always appreciated! Feedback and issues to firstname.lastname@example.org. To keep up with tips and news, follow @draftsapp on Twitter and Facebook. We always appreciate you taking the time to review or rate Drafts on the App Store!