Terminology has always had great direct integration with our own apps, Drafts and Phraseology that allows you to easily lookup and select replacement words and have them directly replaced inline with your editing. You can see that integration in action.
In the latest version (3.0.6) of Terminology, I added a tweak to it’s URL schemes to allow it to integrate more easily with certain other apps, particularly Editorial, Ole Moritz’s excellent iPad text editor.
See it in action…
- First, make sure you have Editorial and Terminology version 3.0.6 or greater installed on your iPad.
- Open the Te:Replace workflow link and install the workflow in Editorial.
- Open the Replace Text workflow link and install the workflow in Editorial. This workflow is not designed to be called directly, but it used by the Te:Replace work in it’s callback to find and replace the proper text inline.
- Open Editorial, select some text, and trigger the “Te:Replace” workflow.
- Browse for and select a new word in Terminology. You may tap “Cancel” in Terminology to return to Editorial without making any changes, or “< Send” to send the current term back to replace your original term.
Don’t care to select replacement words, but just want an easy way to lookup word/terms from Editorial in Terminology? Install this Te:Lookup workflow…it does just that.