Drafts and Drafts for iPad 3.5.2 are now available in the App Store. This is another bug fix release, trying to address some of the most troublesome usability issues on iOS 7. Some of these fixes represent temporary workarounds for things that should get smoothed out over the next few releases on iOS 7, I hope. If you haven’t taken a look at all the good stuff in the 3.5 update, read the 3.5 release notes.
- Fix: Better performance scrolling around large documents and better handling of iOS 7’s out-of-frame scrolling issues with UITextViews.
- Fix: Workaround for broken cursor location selection. You can now actually select the ends of lines without the whole thing getting wonky.
- Fix: Update TextExpander SDK to beta to fix line feed issues. If you were seeing collapsed text in Markdown previews and exports after using TextExpander snippets in drafts, this should correct that issue.
- Change: Improve Markdown CSS line spacing issues.
- Fix: Workaround link highlighting problems in link mode - still some cached link issues.
- Up/Down arrows do not function properly on external keyboards. This is an iOS-level issue. I’m looking for workarounds, but may have to wait on a fix from Apple.