Drafts and Drafts for iPad 3.5.7 are now available in the App Store.
- Update: Updated to support TextExpander Touch 2.3. Details below.
- Fix: Tags are now properly expanded in the Message Action “To” field.
About TextExpander 2.3
As many of you are aware, TextExpander Touch has had to make a few changes to the way they support integration with 3rd party apps, first due to changes in iOS 7, then later due to policy changes in the App Store.
This release of Drafts now supports TextExpander Touch 2.3. With this update, 3rd party apps integrating with TextExpander Touch will now store a local copy of your snippet data. The plus side? this should make it fast and reliable to load snippets. The minus? You will have to manually refresh your snippet data for Drafts to see changes and additions you have made to your snippet library.
To get TextExpander Touch updated…
- Make sure you have the Drafts 3.5.7 or greater installed.
- Make sure you have TextExpander 2.3 or greater installed.
- Open Drafts’ Settings, and tap the “Refresh TextExpander Snippets” button in the TextExpander Touch section.
The TextExpander Touch app will briefly launch, and possibly ask you permission to share snippets, then return the data to Drafts. If all goes well, you will get a confirmation dialog and your TextExpander snippet data will be up-to-date.