Terminology is a browser for the English language – part dictionary/thesaurus and part research tool. Terminology is designed to make it easy to explore words and phrases, diving down to more and less specific terms - accessing the web and other apps for more detail and sharing.
"If you’re looking for the best dictionary app...then look no further than Terminology." – AppAdvice
"9/10...a Must-have Dictionary and Thesaurus App" – AppStorm
Dictionary and Thesaurus
- Full offline U.S. English dictionary and word reference with simple clear definitions of root words and phrases.
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and deeper word relations such as: more and less specific words, part, part of, members, member of, pertains to and more. Learn more about the dictionary.
- Audio pronuciations
- Share extension to lookup any text selection in any app.
- Favorite terms for quick access.
- Term browsing history.
- Add notes to any term.
- Term of the Day
- Wildcard (?,*) searching
- Spelling suggestions.
- Actions extend your research with quick links directly to the terms you look up in web resources and other reference apps.
- Access iOS system dictionaries with "Look up" action.
- Action Library with pre-configured actions for popular reference, search and other resources - like Wikipedia, Google, IMDb and more.
- Create and share custom actions (Pro unlock required).
- Load web resources using in-app browser or Safari.
- Deep link to terms in other apps when supported.
- Share extension and Today widget for quick access.
- 3D Touch and iPad Multitasking/Split View support.
- Dark theme with auto-switching (Pro unlock required).
- iCloud sync of favorites, history and actions between multiple devices.
- Spotlight and Handoff support.
- Great Dynamic Text and VoiceOver support.
- Extensive support for URL scheme integration via x-callback-url. Details on the developer page.