Phraseology, An App for Writers
Phraseology is an app for writers. Part text editor, part word processor, Phraseology is a simple environment focused on making it enjoyable and productive to write on the iPad. Phraseology also supports your writing with tools that help to improve word selection and better understand and structure your text.
- Arrange: Reorder lines and sentences with a simple drag and drop interface that is easier than cut and paste.
- Inspect: Analyze the documents by parts of speech, counts words by root word (lemma) and easily browse to occurrences of words and select them in the text. Identify overused words, and hone your language. Readability analysis, including Flesh Kincaid Reading Ease, Flesh Kincaid Grade Level, Gunning Fog Score, SMOG index and related statistics such as word, character, sentence counts, average syllables per word and average words per sentence.
- Markdown Support: If you use Markdown, the structured markup format, Phraseology will render a preview of the HTML output and also allow you print or email the formatted HTML version of your document. Phraseology’s Markdown engine has advanced support for MultiMarkdown footnotes and tables as well.
- Simple, clean interface gets out of your way and lets you concentrate on writing.
- Live character and word counts.
- Keyboard accessory view with quick access to undo/redo, cursor navigation, selections and common punctuation.
- Great integration with Terminology, our top ranked dictionary/thesaurus app. If you have Terminology installed, lookup and browse for replacement words without disrupting your workflow.
- Customize fonts and font sizes.
- “Focus” mode hides toolbar for distraction free writing.
- Print to AirPrint devices.
- TextExpander support for expanding common text snippets.
- Email support makes Phraseology a great place to draft longer emails. You can even email the rendered Markdown HTML output.
- Twitter integration. Draft tweets in Phraseology.
- Import/Export from other apps that support plain text files.
What People are Saying…
I feel at home in BBEdit on my Mac, and in Phraseology on my iPad. That Phraseology is the app I turn to when I’m on my iPad and need the words to flow is the highest praise I can offer it.
9/10, Phraseology: The Definitive iPad Language Editor.
The iPad is good for a lot of things: picture viewer, portable media play, the future of journalism. But writing? No so much! That was until Phraseology.
What you do get is the “words nerd’s editor of choice.” Phraseology is all about tweaking and examining your text.