Capture and Share
Drafts is a different kind of note taking app. In Drafts, text comes first – open the app and get a new, blank draft. Don’t get bogged down in a timeline to tweet or post to Facebook. Don’t tap through multiple screens to compose an email or SMS. Don’t navigate folders, create files and name them just to jot down a note or create a todo.
Try it in your dock for a week, you won’t regret it!
Quick Capture, Easy Storage and Sync
Launch Drafts and start typing. It’s that simple. No upfront decisions about titles, filenames or folders. Return to drafts later, and a new draft is ready.
- Not sure what to do with that text? Type it and leave Drafts - no saving, it will be there when you get back. Draft history works like a stack of paper with recent items on top.
- Simple, mail-like organization. Inbox for new drafts, archive for old ones – or “Flag” drafts to want to easily locate.
- Full text searching.
- Restorable version histories of each draft.
- Store creation and modification location.
- Fast, reliable sync based on Apple’s CloudKit requires no additional login
- iOS 8 Share Extension to capture text from the web or other apps.
- Optional app badge and Today widget to keep up with your inbox and make sure you’ve processed what you capture.
The editing experience in Drafts aims to get out of your way when you want it to, and provide powerful tools to make typing and editing easier when you need it.
- Edit with any font installed on your iOS device, at a wide range of font sizes to fit your taste.
- Light, dark and sepia themes.
- Syntax highlighting for basic Markdown and Social modes.
- Link mode makes phone numbers, email addresses, URLs and addresses in a draft tappable links. Learn more
- Unique “Arrange” feature allows drag and drop reordering of lines in your text. Learn more
- TextExpander Touch support (including fill-ins).
- Live character and word counts.
- Great external keyboard support.
- Create unlimited custom Markdown previews.
Simple and Powerful Actions
Once you have captured text, Drafts powerful actions let you do nearly anything with it. Without any additional configuration, Drafts can send email, messages, create reminders & events, post to Twitter, Facebook and so much more. Even create, append and prepend to files/notes in Dropbox, Evernote & Google Drive.
Visit our Action Directory to find great ready-to-install actions to extend Drafts
Create custom actions to pre-address to the friends or groups you send to most, cross-post to multiple social media networks, and more. Actions are built from multiple “steps”, some steps available to your actions include:
- Email, Messages, Reminders, Events, Clipboard and other iOS system apps and services.
- Social Media, including Twitter, Facebook and Google+
- Create, append and prepend to Dropbox, Evernote and Google Drive.
- Import/Export from any source supporting the iOS Document Picker.
- HTML Previews with great built-in CSS stylesheets for Markdown, or create your own custom templates.
So Much More…
- Reminders integration. Automatically import reminders from a designated list, and turn the lines of a draft into individual tasks in Reminders.
- Great VoiceOver/Accessibility support.